In this chapter after creating a project, you start to create jobs under this project.
To create a new job, complete the following steps:
- From the projects list, click the project name to open its view.
- From the Jobs section, click the New Job button. The Create a New Job page is displayed.
- Enter the job name in the Name field.
- Enter a Description.
Note:A job should have only one source and one target, while the project is one source and multitarget. So, for example you can create three jobs in a project that have three target languages.
- From the Target drop-down menu, choose the desired language.
- Select the Start Date and the Due Date.
- Select a translation memory to be associated with this particular work, select it using the drop-down menu for Add Translation Memory.
Notes:You can create a new translation memory through the Create New field.
You can upload a translation memory file through your local machine and write a description for this translation memory.
- Select the Job Type.
- Select the Workflow for this job.
- Select the Submit Strategy on the job level
Note:The Submit Strategy can be either automatic or manual.
For the automatic options, it can be:
– Per segment: When you finish translating a segment it is submitted automatically.
– Per file: When you finish translating the whole file it is submitted automatically.
– Per task: When you finish translating the whole task (even if it includes more than one file) it is submitted automatically.
– For the Manual option, it allows you to submit your translation manually whenever you need.
- Select he Weighted Word Profile.
- Select the Min. used TM State for Client Analysis
Note:The uploaded file is analyzed and divided into segments, each segment is analyzed against the TM hits with a certain status as displayed in the screen shot above.
- Select an option of the In Pre-Translated drop-down list for these segments to be Locked or Not Locked.
- Select an option of the Out of Pre-Translated drop-down list to be Locked or Not Locked.
- Select the Inconsistency Checkers Scope of the drop-down list.
Note:If the same job has many files to be translated, each file is assigned to a deferent translator.
Some sentences are of exact match across these files.
Each translator translates these sentences in his own way and consequently, there will be no consistency in these translations.
This field gives you some options to check the inconsistency in deferent scopes.
- Click the Save button.