All the segments are displayed in the file by default. The filtering options enable you to filter these segments using some filtering options as displayed in the following screen shot.
The first filtering option is by segment type. The drop-down list includes all the segments types in the file through which you can filter them.
The next filtering option is by segment status. The drop-down list includes all the segments statuses in the file through which you can filter it.
The buttons on the right side of the filtering options are from right to left:
- The filtering button
- The reset button for the filtering action
You have two options to search the segments, the first one is through the search field that is displayed in the following screen shot.
The second option is by pressing CTRL + F from the keyboard.
Editor Buttons #
At the top left side of the page there are nine buttons from left to right as shown in the following screen shot:
The top three menu items Translation, Edit and Tools have lists of options. Each option has its short cut in front of it.
Editor Menus #
Translation Menu #
Under this menu lies all the options that the translator can use while performing the translation task.
- The first three options allow the translator to move between next and previous matches found in the TM and then apply the appropriate one.
- The next two options allow the translator to confirm the translated segments that reflect the completion status in the PM side.
- The next two options allow the translator to move between previous and next segment.
- At the end there are five options that help you perform your translation as follows:
- Insert Tag: Allows the translator to insert tags to the translated text.
- Clear Target: Allows the translator to clear the translated text from the target language pane.
- Copy Source to Target: Allows the translator to copy text from source to target directly.
- Insert Peaceable /Term: Allows the translator to insert a term from the Term Base.
- Insert Special Characters: Allows the translator to insert special characters to the translation. By clicking this option, a list of special characters is displayed to select from.
Edit Menu #
Under this menu lies the options that both the Translator and Reviewer can use.
- The first two options to undo and redo the translated text.
- The next four options include find and replace options.
- The next two options allow you to split and merge segments to change the segmentation rules of the translation.
- This option allows the translator to add a comment to the translated text.
- Select All Segment: This option is used to select all the translated segments in one step.
- Move To Target: This option enables you to move the cursor from the source to the target in the same place.
Under this menu lies the options that both the Translator and the Reviewer can use.
- The first two options allow you to run the quality checker on the current file you are working in and to all the task files as well.
- The next two options allow you to download the target file online and download the source file to your local machine at any stage.
- The next option enables you to move between online view mode for the source & target and the normal editor mode as displayed in the following screen shot.
This option changes between View Mode and Editor Mode accordingly.
- This option helps you to check for any extra spaces in the target or source segments.
- This option enables you to submit the translated file for the next phase.
- Through this link the translator can review the changes done by the reviewer for each segment in his/her translated file.
- The last option is Settings that enables you to update a user settings. The updates done are saved on the user level as default settings.
Editor Setting #
It opens the settings pop-up window that allows you to update the editor settings as displayed in the following screen shot.
The Settings window is divided into three tabs; Main tab, Auto Propagation tab, and TM Settings tab.
Under the main tab there are many fields; the following two fields are related to the Translation Memory.
- Penalty Colors: It enables you to edit the penalty colors in the TM.
- Minimum Match Value: The minimum match value percentage that is allowed for the TM to display the matching segments. The edits you make here can overnight the current values specified in the TM profile.
The rest of the fields under the main tab are generic fields.
- Spell Checking: Can be disabled
- Font Size: Can be edited
- Font Family: The font type can be edited
- User Default Browser Font: Use the default font of Google Chrome that changes from one country to the other.
This is related to the auto propagation function that enables the system to display the similar translations in the file. Meaning if the translator found a segment that has a match in the TM and this segment is repeated in the file, its translation is going to be displayed in all the similar instances along the file.
- Enable Auto Propagation: It gives you the option to enable or disable this function.
- Auto propagate exact matches to confirmed segments: This option applies auto propagation function after the translator confirm the translated similar segments.
- Confirm after auto propagation with exact: This option applies auto propagation to all the similar segments and also confirm these translated segments automatically following the original one.
- Start Position: This option specifies the position where the auto propagation function starts to be applied.
- Prompt User: This option enables the system to notify the translator before applying the auto propagation function.
The last tab includes many options that can be enabled or disabled that are all related to the TM settings. These options help the translator to use the TM in the appropriate way by applying his own default settings.
- Perform TM lookup when active segment changes: Once a new segment is selected the TM performs lookup.
- Apply best match for not translated segments: Apply the matched translation automatically or wait till the translator to apply it manually.
- Move to next segment after applying manually: Enable the move to next segment to be manually or leave it to the default case to be automatically.
- Apply non-client-TM hits: To enable or disable applying translation from non-client TMs.
- Apply client match even if it is not the best match: Give client TM the priority over other TMs even if it does not have the higher match percentage.
- Confirm Applied Exact Matches Translation phases: Confirm segments with exact match automatically.
- Copy source to target if no match is found: When no match is found, copy source to target instead of leaving it empty