The Pre-Translate Settings setup allows the system to run a pre-translate phase against the attached TMs on the uploaded files which saves the translator’s effort.
At the same time, the translator can revise the automatic translated segments and confirm them on the system.
The options displayed in the above screen shot adjust the settings of the segments matching cases on the system.
- Minimum Match Value: The minimum of the matching parentage for the automatic translation that the system performs before the manual translation takes place.
- Confirm Perfect Matches: To confirm the automatic translations when they are perfect match, so that the translator would not revise them.
- Confirm 100% Matches: To confirm the automatic translations when they are 100% matches.
- Confirm Context Matches: To confirm the automatic translations when they are context matches.
- Lock Perfect Matches: It is a higher step to let the system locks the perfect matches and makes them not editable.
- Lock Context Matches: It is another higher step to let the system locks the context matches and makes them not editable.
- Client Only: To apply all the above options when the TM is client only. If this option is not checked the above options will be applied to all the TMs including the client TM.
- Translation Override Mode: The file can be already translated. This field enables you to determine if the TM segments override the pre-translated text automatically or not. It includes the following options:
- Keep Existing: Do not change the translation in the uploaded file even if you found better translation in the TM.
- Overwrite Translation if Better Match: Change the translation in the file if you found better translation in the TM with a higher matching percentage for the translated segment.
- Always Overwrite Existing Translation: Always use the TM translation to overwrite the existing one on the translation editor.
- When No Match Found: Determines the available solutions when the translation does not match the segment in the TM through the following options:
- Leave Target Segment Empty: If no matching translation found, leave the target empty.
- Copy Source to Target: Copy text as is from source to target. This option is usually used when there are tags to be translated. It helps to reserve the tags places.
- Apply Automated Translation: Apply all the automatic translations such as numbers, dates, and abbreviations.
Then at the end when you finish selecting the required options, click the Save button. Now a new project is created and displayed in the Projects list page.