Table of Contents
Basic Information #
The first step in creating a project is to enter the project basic information to the system as displayed in the following task.
To enter project basic information, complete the following steps:
- Click the Projects button from the top navigation menu. The project options are displayed in a drop-down list.
- Select the Projects option. The Projects page is displayed where you can perform many actions such as, creating a project, editing an existing project, view the jobs related to a certain project and deleting a project.
Note:You can follow up the displayed projects by viewing their progress and making different assignments inside them.
- Click the New button at the top right side of the page. The following page “Projects New” is displayed which consists of four tabs where the basic tab is displayed by default.
- Enter project code in the Code filed which is a unique one.
- Enter the project name in the Name field.
- Select the Project Template from the drop-down list which includes a list of pre-defined templates that are saved previously in the system.
- Select a client name form the Client drop down list which displays a list of clients that are already created in the system.
- Select the Weighted Word Profile from the drop-down list.
Notes:If the required client does not exist in the system, you can create it through the Setup button in the top navigation menu.
If the required weighted word profile does not exist in the system, you can create it through the Profile button in the top navigation menu.
Select the Min. used TM State for Client Analysis from the drop-down list.
Note:Each sentence in the TM has a status that ranges from strength to weakness in terms of phase of translation; the reviewed sentence is stronger than the translated one. Here you can select the segment status to be used in the client analysis table.
The Approved status is the strongest one which indicates the Imported status as well, then comes the Reviewed and then the Translated status at the end.
This menu has a certain option, that when you select an item it gathers all the specifications of the other items above.
- Select the project Domain which indicates the project classification in terms of subject matter.
- Select the Source Language, that accepts one selection only.
- Select the Target Language, that can be multi selections.
- Select the Quality Profile.
Note:The quality profile is a profile that includes some quality checks for the translation process.
If the required quality profile does not exist in the system, you can create it through the Profile button in the top navigation menu.
- Select the State that can be open or closed
- Select the Due Date on which the project should be delivered.
- Write a description for the project in the Description text box.
- Select the project Owner that is entered by default as the creator of the project who is currently logged in.
- Select the project Coordinator who has the same privileges as the project owner.
- Click the Save button to save the project basic information.
Note:The Save As Template button has two functions:
First, to save the project information.
Second, to save the project as template, so that you can reuse it to create other projects that are similar to the current one instead of creating them from scratch.